um-ponto-de-fuga-banner

domingo, 21 de setembro de 2014

An awkward interview with Le Corbusier!

On meeting Le Corbusier in Chandigarh, Taya Zinkin realises the great architect has designs on something other than large buildings:
"As we were getting off the plane he asked me what I was doing that evening: “Catching a train, I am afraid,” I said. “ Pity. You are fat and I like my women fat. We could have spent a pleasant night together.” He said this quite casually. He was not being offensive, he was being factual, so involved in his own ego that it did not occur to him that it might have been better put and more gallant to spend some time on preliminaries. So gigantic was Corb’s egotism that he probably considered it enough of an honour for a humble mortal to provide a genius like him with a night’s relaxation."
 The Guardian

Etiquetas: , ,